Welcome back to the monthly blog-party 3 Girls and a #BlogAlong. Last month, we threw our first party of the year, and couldn’t wait to get this months party started. And even though the plan was to get it rolling on the first Sunday as is planned for all of the #BlogAlong posts, it got delayed. But better late than never, this month we are talking about Travel Must-Packs, the items that you need to, you have to, you must pack along with you when you take a trip.
All 3 of us love travel, and we love the excitement and happiness a holiday brings along with it. In fact, most of us are like that, aren’t we. It would be terribly boring if one didn’t get excited about a vacation, a holiday, the travel. Some of us plan months in advance, while some of us (read ME) do it a week or 2 before the holiday. Remember my plan to visit New Zealand? Some of us love the luxury while some of us are a tribe of backpackers. Some like it hot, some do not.
But the one thing that remains common for the travelling brethren is their list of things that they MUST-CARRY-OR-THE-VACATION-IS-INCOMPLETE, or simply put things that one always packs, the comfort list.
So we decided to share our lists with you all. And are hoping that you all join this party to share your travel must-haves, because it’s so much fun knowing that there are tons of us out there who prefer 10 books to 2 pairs of shoes in their bags (I actually pack them both, eeps), have 3 types of lip balms floating around in their handbag, or who have 5 different types of hand sanitisers lying around the house, coz they buy one for each vacation, and then forget about the old one lying around the house. Guilty!
So here’s my list of Travel Must-Packs:
- Diary: As a kid, I used to write a diary. I would totally start entries with Dear Diary because I had read Betty Cooper do the same in Archies comics; and also because I had no clue how to start it off. Haha. The daily habit has now worn off, but what I always do is carry a diary around with me on my trips. Sometimes I am super religious about writing about my entire trip, at times, I manage a day or two. But nevertheless, the diary goes wherever I go.
- Pen: Don’t we all love stationery. I know women totally do. And wherever my diary goes, a pen is always around. Comes in very handy for diary-filling moments, making notes, and most importantly, filling in forms and stuff at airports. Heehee!
- Reading material: ALWAYS! I am one of those freaks who carries her e-reader AND novels both.
- Lip balm: What a necessity this one is. And am sure you all are nodding your heads.
- Hand cream: Same family as the lip balm. I get restless if my hands get too dry. MUST PACK!
- Hand sanitiser: I hate using public bathrooms. And carrying over my obsession with well-moisturized hands, sometimes I skip washing hands. Don’t judge me. Sometimes it’s too cold people. And sometimes I am too lazy :p That’s where our friendly, helpful hand sanitiser comes in handy.
- Scarf: What else can I write about the utility about a scarf to a travelling woman, that hasn’t been written already. A face mask, shawl, head-cover, sarong, stole, a fan; Scarf-(wo)man to the rescue!
- Mint: Spearmint, peppermint, doublemint, I got it all. I even found this yummazing mint choc-chip icecream flavoured mint. Woohoo!
- Big bag of lipsticks: Lipsticks are my favorite make up item. And my lipstick collection travels with me. All of it. Si Senor. I ain’t your friendly light-weight packer, you must have guessed it by now
- Hairband(s): This is my accessory of choice when I want to brighten up my look. And my menage-a-hairbandois is my must-pack accessory
There you have it. My travel pack for you. As you can see, it’s predictable, feminine, and colorful (I hope). Now I want to know what’s in yours. Call me a curious cat.
So temme, what are your Travel Must-Packs?
This post is a part of the 3 Girls and a #BlogAlong monthly link-up party, co-hosted by Upasna from Life On My Plate, Pooja from A Bit Of This And A Lot Of That and yours truly, Moi :). This month’s theme is Travel Must Packs and it’s time to open up your bags!
To #BlogAlong with us, here’s what you have to do:
1. Write and publish a new post around the monthly theme; don’t forget to include the #BlogAlong badge in your post. In order to get the code, click on the 3Girls and a #BlogAlong image in the sidebar on my blog, and your questions shall be answered.
2. Please follow your hosts, and link back to their posts. We would love to know more about you.
3. Join the party by clicking on the inlinkz button below any of our posts, and adding your post to the blogroll
4. Comment on each other’s posts and spread the love
5. Promote yours and others’ posts on Social Media using #BlogAlong with the 3Girls
6. Link for posting remains open from 14/06/2015 to 21/06/2015, So #BlogAlong now!
I am also linking this post up to the #SundayTraveler link up party that is co-hosted by some amazing bloggers Adelina, SJ, Ashley, Jess, and Christa. Join in the party by following #SundayTraveler on Social Media.